May 21, 2013
- To provide more effective and efficient care for beneficiaries with complex health needs, Medicaid programs in some states have turned to local community health teams to augment the capacity of physician practices. A new report examines multidisciplinary community health team programs in eight states.
May 16, 2013
- An editorial by The Commonwealth Fund's David Blumenthal and Melinda Abrams explores one approach to addressing the primary care workforce shortage: using nurse practitioners to provide a wide range of primary care services.
May 6, 2013
- Combining Medicare's hospital, physician, and prescription drug coverage with commonly purchased private supplemental coverage into one health plan could produce national savings of $180 billion over a decade while improving care for beneficiaries, a new Health Affairs study finds.
April 26, 2013
- Eighty-four million people―nearly half of all working-age U.S. adults―went without health insurance for a time last year or were underinsured because of high out-of-pocket costs relative to income, according to this new study based on findings from the Commonwealth Fund's 2012 Biennial Health Insurance Survey.
April 19, 2013
- This issue brief explores how four managed care organizations serving vulnerable populations are changing the way care is delivered by investing in a strong community presence.
Use our timeline and interactive tool to explore the provisions and regulations of the Affordable Care Act. New: Medicaid expansion regulations.
The Commonwealth Fund Commission on a High Performance Health System recommends a set of synergistic provider payment reforms, consumer incentives, and systemwide reforms to confront costs while improving health system performance. This approach could slow spending by a cumulative $2 trillion by 2023.
2012 Annual Report
May 23, 2013
David Blumenthal and Sara Collins examine both the Affordable Care Act's potential to cover million of people, as well as remaining coverage gaps. Read ›
Newly confirmed as CMS administrator, Marilyn Tavenner eyes a summer of change; Medicaid: one state moves closer to expansion, one stalls; and more.
Podcast · All Podcasts
Multimedia · All Multimedia ›