June 12, 2013
- The Commonwealth Fund has developed a series of short publications about some of the key transformations taking place in health care. This first brief explains why primary care is so important to patients and also to the country's bottom line.
June 4, 2013
- In a Commonwealth Fund–supported study, researchers surveyed physicians to learn how many are using electronic health records and the trends and challenges in meeting meaningful-use requirements.
May 30, 2013
- To honor the legacy of the late Commonwealth Fund president Margaret E. Mahoney, The Commonwealth Fund, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation, the New York Academy of Medicine, and other founding donors have created a new fellowship program for health professional students, focused on transforming health care delivery systems for vulnerable populations and early childhood development and prevention.
May 21, 2013
- To provide more effective and efficient care for beneficiaries with complex health needs, Medicaid programs in some states have turned to local community health teams to augment the capacity of physician practices. A new report examines multidisciplinary community health team programs in eight states.
May 16, 2013
- An editorial by The Commonwealth Fund's David Blumenthal and Melinda Abrams explores one approach to addressing the primary care workforce shortage: using nurse practitioners to provide a wide range of primary care services.