What: Health Insurance Exchanges—Key Choices for States, a “Realizing Health Reform's Potential” webinar cosponsored by the National Academy for State Health Policy.
When: Tuesday, June 7, 3:30-4:30 p.m., EDT
Event Recording: https://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=bg19vl
- Leif Wellington Haase is a California-based senior fellow in the Health Policy Program of the New America Foundation. He is the coauthor of a Commonwealth Fund report, State-Based Coverage Solutions: The California Health Benefit Exchange.
- Micah Weinberg, Ph.D. is a California-based senior research fellow in the Health Policy Program at the New America Foundation. Weinberg is the coauthor of a Commonwealth Fund report, State-Based Coverage Solutions: The California Health Benefit Exchange.
- Kim Belshé is senior policy advisor at the Public Policy Institute of California and a board member of the California Health Benefit Exchange. She was secretary of the California Health and Human Services Agency from 2003 to 2010. Belshe is a former member of the National Academy for State Health Policy Executive Committee.
- Chiquita Brooks-LaSure is the director of coverage policy in the Office of Health Reform (OHR) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Jon Kingsdale, Ph.D., is managing director and co-founder of the Boston office of Wakely Consulting. Kingsdale was the founding executive director of the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority, an independent authority established in 2006 under Massachusetts’ landmark health reform legislation.
Sara R. Collins, Ph.D., vice president for Affordable Health Insurance at the Commonwealth Fund, moderated.
The panel received too many questions to answer during the event. In the attached Follow-Up Q&A, moderator Sara Collins and panelist Micah Weinberg address remaining questions.