This series of International Innovations describes approaches to solving shared health system challenges.
- Improving patient safety and lowering malpractice in New Zealand, Sweden, and Denmark.
- Using insurance exchanges in large markets in the Netherlands and Swizerland.
- Expanding access to after-hours care through cooperative or regional models, as has been done in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Germany.
- Bundling payments to promote integration and efficiency, as is happening in the Netherlands and Germany as well as in a Medicare pilot in the U.S.
- Using comparative effectiveness research to inform policymaking in the U.K., France, Germany, and Australia.
- Promoting quality care through pay-for-performance incentives in the U.K., Australia, Germany, and the U.S.