Health care innovation centers that develop and test new approaches to delivering patient care are popping up across the country. The Commonwealth Fund recently surveyed 33 of them to explore how they are integrating disciplines such as design, engineering, and behavioral economics to address persistent problems that prevent health systems from providing high-value care.
This one-hour webinar, cosponsored by The Commonwealth Fund and BluePrint Healthcare IT, presented the survey findings and offered insights from those working in and with innovation centers. Speakers discussed ways the centers are working to improve access to care, create efficient ways for clinicians to monitor their patients’ progress, and connect patients to community resources.
What: How Health Care Innovation Centers Create Value
When: Tuesday, April 28, at 2 p.m., E.T.
- Moderator: Anne-Marie Audet, M.D., Vice President, Delivery System Reform & Breakthrough Opportunities, The Commonwealth Fund
- Martha Hostetter and Sarah Klein, The Commonwealth Fund (slides)
- Roy Rosin, Chief Innovation Officer at Penn Medicine's Center for Health Care Innovation (slides)
- Pete Turner, Network Vice President, Community Health Network, and member of the innovation team at Community Launchpad (slides)
- Mike Squires, Vice President of Innovation and Public Policy, BluePrint Healthcare IT (slides)
You can read tweets from this event with #creatingvalue.A recording of the event is available.