Bram Sable-Smith is lead reporter on the Health & Wealth Desk at KBIA-Columbia, Mo. He also is part of the Side Effects Public Media regional collaborative. His project will examine the state of rural hospitals in Missouri and which specific decisions lead some to survive, while others falter and close.
- For Rural Hospitals Already on the Brink, GOP’s Proposed Medicaid Cuts Would Hit Hard
- To Survive, Rural Hospitals Need To Grow—But The Demographics Don’t Add Up
- As Rural Counties Lose Obstetrics, Women Give Birth Far From Home
- Trump Administration Rule Scales Back Program Keeping Rural Hospitals Afloat
- Can Freestanding ERs Replace Rural America's Struggling Hospitals? It's Complicated