In this presentation, Fund president Karen Davis outlines the 10 keys to a high-performance health care system, focusing on how community health centers can lead the way. Davis observes that within their own organizations, community health centers—which play a valuable role in caring for society's most vulnerable—can:
- organize care and information around the patient,
- expand the use of information technology, and
- enhance the quality and value of care.
Likewise, Davis says community health centers can join with others for policy change by:
- supporting Medicaid, the State Children's Health Insurance Program, and Medicare
- expanding health insurance and make coverage automatic and affordable, and
- embracing change though transparency, public reporting, pay for performance.