A May 26th webinar considered the potential of using digital health technologies to care for vulnerable or complex patients. Speakers surveyed the current health technology landscape, reviewed challenges and opportunities, and discussed how to bring entrepreneurs, providers, investors, payers, and patients together to develop meaningful tools.
What: Realizing the Promise of Digital Health Technology for Complex Patients
- Anne-Marie Audet, M.D., vice president, Delivery System Reform & Breakthrough Opportunities, The Commonwealth Fund (moderator)
- David Bates, M.D., chief innovation officer and senior vice president at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, chief of the division of general internal medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and medical director of clinical and quality analysis at Partners Healthcare
- Rachel Davis, senior program officer at the Center for Health Care Strategies, whose research has focused on innovations that target complex, low-income patients.
- Andrey Ostrovsky, M.D., practicing physician and cofounder of Care at Hand, which helps non-clinical health workers better detect declines in aging patients
- Mike Oxford, director, Topeka Independent Living Resource Center