The most-read Commonwealth Fund publications of the year contributed to the conversation by comparing both countries and states on measures of health system performance. We also continued to track the ACA’s coverage expansion and offered solutions for caring for high-need, high-cost patients.
The following were the five most-popular Commonwealth publications of 2014.
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, 2014 Update: How the U.S. Health Care System Compares Internationally, K. Davis, K. Stremikis, C. Schoen, and D. Squires, June 2014.
- Aiming Higher: Results from a Scorecard on State Health System Performance, 2014, D. C. Radley, D. McCarthy, J. A. Lippa, S. L. Hayes, and C. Schoen, April 2014.
- Gaining Ground: Americans' Health Insurance Coverage and Access to Care After the Affordable Care Act's First Open Enrollment Period, S. R. Collins, P. W. Rasmussen, and M. M. Doty, July 2014.
- Addressing Patients' Social Needs: An Emerging Business Case for Provider Investment, D. Bachrach, H. Pfister, K. Wallis, and M. Lipson, May 2014.
- Caring for High-Need, High-Cost Patients: What Makes for a Successful Care Management Program?, C. S. Hong, A. L. Siegel, and T. G. Ferris, August 2014