On October 12, the Commonwealth Fund hosted a webinar on investing in and building a sustainable business model for digital health. Presenters drew on recent interviews with investors, entrepreneurs, and executives from health systems, health plans, and drug manufacturers. They also discussed the paths to making digital health more accessible and useful, particularly for older adults, the chronically ill, and their caregivers.
What: Webinar: A New Look at Business Models for Digital Health, jointly presented by The Commonwealth Fund and Manatt, Phelps & Phillips
- Moderator: Lovisa Gustafsson, Program Officer, Breakthrough Health Care Opportunities, The Commonwealth Fund
- Presenters: William S. Bernstein, Partner, Healthcare Division Chair, Jill DeGraff, Partner, and Jared Augenstein, Senior Manager, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips
- Reactor: Aaron Martin, Executive Vice President, Chief Digital/Innovation Officer, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Reactor: Lisa Suennen, Senior Managing Director, Healthcare, GE Ventures
- Reactor: Jenny Schneider, M.D., M.S., Chief Medical Officer, Livongo Health
Manatt’s assessment was funded by the Commonwealth Fund’s IT-enabled consumer initiative, which aims to overcome barriers to realizing the benefits of digital health tools.
Watch a recording of this webinar.